top of page

Parent Zone

Government Funding

Every child aged 3 years and over is currently entitled to fifteen hours of free childcare per week for 38 weeks each year. These free hours can greatly reduce weekly childcare costs.

New 30 hour funding for 3 year olds is now available

    • The 30-hour / week funding extension is available to families where both parents, or one parent in lone parent households, earn more than the equivalent of 16 hours per week at the national living wage

    • The funded hours can be spread over the whole year

    • There is an upper income threshold of £100,000 per parent per year, although couples who earn more than this between them will still be able to access the extension

    • Parents who do not meet the work criteria will continue to access the current universal offer of 15 hours free childcare a week in term time

    • Apply now on the Government website. Your application will be reviewed and if successful you will receive a voucher code which you must bring to the nursery in order to be able to start receiving the additional 15 hours.

Parents must apply via the HMRC website to see if they are eligible for the 30hrs.
Parents will need to log on to their HMRC account every 3 months to confirm their details have not changed or provide further information if they have, so that their ongoing entitlement can be established by HMRC.
Parents can decide to take the 30hrs either during term time or stretched over the holidays. A maximum of 30hrs can be taken in any one week. 


2 year old funding

Your 2-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support

  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Universal Credit

  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit

  • support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act

  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:

  • they’re looked after by a local council

  • they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan

  • they get Disability Living Allowance

  • they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order.

If you are unsure about what your entitlement then please do not hesitate to contact us for further advice.

Policy documents

Blossoms Day Nursery prides itself on its child-centred approach, however it is essential that parents and staff know that we have an organised and well planned nursery that is prepared for every eventuality. Therefore we have an extensive catalogue of policies and procedures which we use as working guidance both for staff and parents/carers which are available for all to see.  

These can be viewed in our nursery entrance area or they can be viewed 

Childcare vouchers

Childcare Vouchers is a scheme some employers offer to help working parents save on registered childcare costs. Childcare vouchers are available to all working parents whose employers operate childcare voucher schemes. The vouchers can be used to pay for all types of registered childcare including  day nurseries and out of school hours clubs and the value is tax and NI exempt

Tax free childcare

You can get up to £500 every 3 months (up to £2,000 a year) for each of your children to help with the costs of childcare. This goes up to £1,000 every 3 months if a child is disabled (up to £4,000 a year). 

If you get Tax-Free Childcare, you’ll set up an online childcare account for your child. For every £8 you pay into this account, the government will pay in £2 to use to pay your provider.

You can get Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as 30 hours free childcare if you’re eligible for both.

You may still be eligible for Tax-Free Childcare if you’re temporarily working less and either:

  • you’re on furlough through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme

  • you’re claiming a Self Employment Income Support Scheme grant


If you’re not currently working:

You may still be eligible if your partner is working, and you get Incapacity Benefit, Severe Disablement Allowance, Carer’s Allowance or contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance.

You can apply if you’re starting or re-starting work within the next 31 days.


 As part of the Blossoms planning for the Coronavirus (COVID -19) we have taken preventative and protective action to support all employees, families and children in our care.


The risk assessment is based on the current government information from the date of this document. Some category risks have been reduced but until further government assurance on the spread of the virus via children we feel the risk levels we have put in place are a realistic evaluation.

To view the full risk assessment please click here

bottom of page